Green City Recycler is a textile recycling company that diverts used clothing, shoes, and other household items from the landfill. Through our efforts, we hope to reduce the millions of pounds of textile waste currently finding its way to the local landfill.Our program has helped communities and municipalities achieve their environmental goals of:
What happens to the clothes and the things once it is left in the pods?
- All the items from our recycling pods go to the pre-sort center
- Here, the items are sorted out and segregated into different categories like textiles, books, toys, household items, shoes, etc
- The textiles are further graded based on their usability into four grades
- Grade A & B- The clothes that are in a good re-useable condition are sold to markets that are in need of good quality of used clothing
- Grade C & D- The clothes that are not in good condition with holes, rips, etc come under this grade. These are cut into rags and sold to industries that use recycled clothing as raw materials in the production of new products